Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Stopping for snow

Last week's snow/ice storm here in Georgia gave me time to sit back, relax, reflect and enjoy my family.  I think it was God's way of making everyone hit the 'pause' button after the chaos and craziness of the busy holiday season. 

Yes, the snow made traffic bad.  Yes, we got hit by a sliding car (the ONLY other car on the road on Sunday night as it was snowing like mad) on our way to my in-laws with our baby girl and dog in the car.  Yes, the ice made the roads even worse.  Yes, my husband had to work two 24-hour+ shifts in the middle of all the madness.  Yes, schools were out and businesses were closed. 

BUT, wasn't it nice to feel like a kid again?  To enjoy the beautiful, pure white snow.  To listen to the quiet stillness that only snow can create.  To play with your kids, go sledding, build snowmen, throw snowballs, laugh, play, run.  To take time out from your busy schedule to get some things done that have been on your To-Do list for way.too.long. 

I personally am very thankful for the pause that we were given and feel that we were all blessed with some of the gorgeous work of our Heavenly Father during those few days.  I am also thankful for those, including my amazing husband, who work tirelessly as first responders, firefighters, police officer, and medical personnel to ensure our safety during treacherous conditions.  I am thankful that he came home from each shift unharmed and that my family was also unharmed in our car wreck.  I wouldn't trade a precious moment from last week.  So thankful for pure, white, peaceful snow and the memories that were made.



No comments:

Post a Comment