Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's 3am

Well, not really...it was 4:15am, but I love Matchbox 20 so that was my little shout-out.  Peace comes at the oddest hours sometimes.  After feeding my baby girl in the middle of the night (she was so hungry!  she's normally been sleeping through the night, about 10-11 hours), she fell asleep on my shoulder.  Her sweet little head rested against my cheek and she sighed contentedly in her sleep.  Ah, peace and perfection, all in one.

Made me thankful for that precious moment with her and put my mind at ease about some very troublesome things that have been going on lately.  Helped me to remember that my Father will hold me like that in the middle of the night - or whenever I need Him.  He comforts those in need - all we have to do is ask for His perfect peace and He freely gives.  The outcome of the situation may not be exactly what we wanted, but He will give us a peace about it - knowing that He is in control and perhaps the bigger picture has a better outlook than the small version we see now. 

I have to trust in the good and fairness of it all, right?  Haha, wish life was always good and fair, but at least I can be in the process.  So goodnight...and shalom (peace).

No comments:

Post a Comment